WE ARE LOOKING FOR A VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR FOR THIS YEAR'S FESTIVAL. READ BELOW OR DOWNLOAD THE JOB DESCRIPTION HERE TO SEE IF YOU ARE RIGHT FOR THE GIG!
Founded in 2003, the Queen West Art Crawl is a community-based arts and culture organization dedicated to supporting the arts community in Queen West and across Toronto. Our annual outdoor art exhibition that takes place in Trinity Bellwoods Park, the largest outdoor art festival in the City and brings in thousands of visitors each year. This year’s festival takes place from September 21-23.
The Queen West Art Crawl depends almost exclusively on volunteers to run our multi-day festival and therefore we require a strong leader who can coordinate and lead our volunteers to ensure the event runs smoothly. The QWAC Event Volunteer Coordinator serves as a leader to the event volunteers, which requires developing a plan for how roles and tasks will be assigned, assigning those roles and tasks, managing the performance of the volunteer team and ensuring all volunteers have the information and support necessary to succeed.
BENEFITS TO YOU:
• Opportunity to develop event coordination experience at one of Toronto’s largest and best known art festivals
• Make connections and build networks within the arts community
• Receive letters of support from the Queen West Art Crawl team to support you in finding future job opportunities*
• Receive a free QWAC t-shirt and tote bag
• $500 honorarium
*subject to delivering effective and successful event volunteer coordination during the festival
• Report to the Executive Director and execute tasks related to the recruitment, training, management and coordination of volunteers throughout the festival
• Lead a volunteer orientation session(s) to ensure all volunteers are adequately prepared for the festival
• Assign roles to volunteers and ensure all volunteers are clear on their jobs; manage scheduling throughout the day to ensure all volunteers have adequate breaks
• Develop training materials to support the orientation session (building off some existing materials from previous years)
• Be onsite at the festival from set up to tear down
• Responsible for the quality of volunteer engagement for the duration of the festival and take steps to troubleshoot and problem solve as issues arise
• Highly organized and adaptable
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• Thrives in a team environment
• Enjoy fast paced environments that require quick decision-making
• Ability to communicate clear direction to a large group of people
• Experience in volunteer coordination and/or event coordination
ARE YOU RIGHT FOR THIS ROLE? If you are interested in this role,
please contact Darrin Cohen at firstname.lastname@example.org