1. What is the Queen West Art Crawl?
The Queen West Art Crawl is an annual 2-day celebration of Queen Street West and the artists, businesses, community groups and residents that make up this very distinct area of Toronto.
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, for the safety of our artists, artisans, patrons, and performers, we find it necessary to move the festival to an online format, taking place over five consecutive days (September 16-20, 2020), featuring art, music and culture.
With our change to a virtual format we are striving to create a unique platform for our artists, Artisans and our patrons of the festival so that all can attend and be apart of our 2020 virtual Festival this year.
2. Who organizes the Queen West Art Crawl?
In 2011 Queen West Art Crawl achieved charitable status and currently, the Queen West Art Crawl is organized by a small, dedicated team and a Board of Directors.
3. I have a question about the Virtual Art Exhibition, and/or the Queen West Art Crawl. Who do I contact?
If you can’t find the answer to your question(s) in the Frequently Asked Questions, firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. What are the dates, times and location of the Queen West Art Crawl’s Outdoor Art Exhibition?
September 16-20, 2020
12:00 pm to 6:00 pm
5. What is the deadline for submission and what are the prices?
We have spaces available for the online presentation.The final artist deadline is August 15, 2020.
There will be a $45.00 dollar hanging fee for all new vendors, please check out our website for more information.
6. What methods of payment do you accept for the participation fee?
Paypal is the preferred method of payment. It is a safe, easy way to pay online without exposing your credit card numbers to the merchant. You don’t need to set up a Paypal account to apply online for QWAC but you will need a major credit card. The only other payment we accept is cheque or money order. To use this method, payment arrangements must be made by emailing email@example.com. All payments must be made payable to Queen West Art Crawl and mailed to 1488 Queen Street West, PO Box 90063, Toronto, ON, M6K3K3.
Please note that PayPal is an external website, and QWAC does not retain or have access to any private artist information. QWAC does not accept credit card payments over the phone.
7. What do you mean by original art?
All artwork on display must be the original creation of the exhibitor. Reproductions of another artist’s work will not be considered. Exhibitors are permitted, however, to sell reproductions of their own work in the form of posters, prints, art cards, buttons, etc. Please note that the selection committee will favour original work over reproductions.
8. Can I submit more than one Media Category?
Only one type of media is accepted per application. It is recommended that you submit your strongest media category. If you would like to submit more than one, a second application is required.
9. Who is eligible to submit an application?
Professional artists, artisans and craftspeople working in the following disciplines will be considered for the Queen West Art Crawl: painting (acrylic, oil, watercolour, and encaustic), drawing, metal art, jewellery, photography, sculpture, printmaking, ceramics, fibre art, wood art, glass and mixed media. Both established and emerging artists and craftspeople are encouraged to apply.
10. Who is on the selection committee/jury?
The selection committee is comprised of professional artists, gallery owners, art teachers, curators and other respected members of the visual arts community. The Queen West Art Crawl does not participate in the selection process.
11. What are the criteria for being selected to participate?
The committee will be selecting submissions based on quality and saleability of the work. The selection committee strives to bring overall diversity in works of art for the Queen West Art Crawl.
12. How and when will I find out if I have been accepted?
The results of the selection process will be sent by email.
13. I missed the application deadline but was wondering if you accept late applications or have a waiting list?
Please contact us for waiting list inquiries and other opportunities at firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. Does QWAC take a commission from my sales?
No. QWAC takes no commission from your sales. We will ask that you provide us with information regarding your total sales at the end of the event. Each artist’s sales information will be kept strictly confidential and will only be used for event analysis.
15. How is the Queen West Art Crawl promoted through our Virtual online event?
The Queen West Art Crawl Virtual Online Festival for 2020
With the current pandemic situation, QWAC finds it necessary to bring the patrons to you, our artists, artisans, and performers.
This year, the festival will be taking a direct and extensive approach in marketing to grow patronage. We will showcase the talent in our festival virtually and bring patrons and lovers of art, music, and culture to our website with direct links to all our vendors through a virtual park, opening direct dialogue with clientele.
Artists and artisans will receive:
1) Extensive marketing of the event promoting our vendors.
2) Social media posts of each vendor twice throughout the five-day festival.
3) Each vendor will have their work highlighted with two images and name that will link the patrons directly to your web page, social media or selling platform.
4) Through our virtual park imagery, all work will be grouped under art form or artisan. When a patron visits each portal, they will find the art or artisanal work and be able to select the artists they would like to view.
5) All sales and communication will go through you directly (QWAC does not take any commission).
We look forward to supporting our community and collaborating with you to create an innovative platform showcasing your work that will attract patrons and bring traffic to your selling platform.